Movies I Like

9:05 PM


This is the first of a series of Movies I Like. Let me explain a little better. I've watched A LOT of movies, not to mention television, but there are a few movies that I really like. Most of them are romantic comedies, some are action flicks, rarely horror, in fact I don't think there are any horror on that list. Anywho, I know I like a movie when on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, I'm flicking through the channels at my parents house and I see one of the movies and I watch the whole thing. Yes, I know what is going to happen next, yes I've seen it so many times, I can't give an exact figure, but I still watch it. It's one of my many quirks.

The first movie is one I came across while reading other blogs, it's Sliding Doors. Below is a little something from the Internet Movie Database (IMDB):

Arriving at work one morning, Helen discovers that she had been unjustifiably sacked from her PR job. She is returning home when an amazing thing happens, time reverses itself for a few seconds and a second version of herself is created. In one reality Helen catches the tube train, meets James and arrives home to find her loathsome Lothario lover Gerry cheating on her with his ex-girlfriend Lydia. In the other reality, Helen misses the tube train, gets mugged, goes to hospital and eventually arrives home to find Gerry alone in the shower. The two realities move forward in tandem; in one Helen leaves Gerry and forms a happy, new, loving relationship with James; in the other Helen's live becomes more and more wretched as she takes on two jobs to support her worthless, cheating boyfriend as he supposedly writes his novel but in fact carries on a torrid affair with Lydia. Written by Mark Smith {msmith@osi.co.uk}


And here is the trailer:


Lord knows when I first saw this movie, I think I was in FIT, but I can't remember if I was on campus or back in Antigua. All I know is I enjoyed it. Perhaps I was drawn to how Helen changed her life and basically took control of it. It's amazing how different her life would have been just by missing her train. Ever wonder how your life would have been different if one little thing was different?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe