Veronika Decides To Die

7:57 PM



Life can be so funny sometimes. Bare with me here. I went to the bookstore to get a wedding gift for a wedding I'm attending next Saturday and as I was overwhelmed by the options, I started looking for a novel for myself. Anyway, I started to look for the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, the unfortunate thing is I only remembered the authors first name and I ended up not getting anything. So I came home got a little work done and ended up watching Veronika Decides To Die. I wouldn't say I loved it, I more liked the meaning behind it. So here I am getting it's info together for this post and who so happen to write the book this movie is based on? Paulo Coelho. Life is funny sometimes.

I'll be honest with you, as I watched the movie I realized that I could identify with the character. Sometimes you are so busy caught up with living the life others say you ought to be living and in the end you don't want to live. No, I never attempted suicide, I never really committed myself to much things but I welcomed death if it came. The only thing is death avoided me like the black plague. Anyway, enough depressing thoughts. The end of the movie is uplifting. Honestly speaking, the movie is not for everyone and can be slow, but look for the message in the film.

Below is the IMDB info:

The story centers on Veronika, a woman in her mid twenties who appears to have everything: good looks, good job and a great life ahead of her. Yet she decides to end her own life. She is unsuccessful and awakens in a mental hospital where she learns that she a short time to live. However in the hospital she meets people who are only 'insane' because they don't always follow society's rules. With little left to lose, Veronika embarks on a journey on which she frees herself to experience relationships and emotions and ultimately discovers what it means to live.


And here is the trailer:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe