NYC Fashion Week according to me

1:57 PM

I would never have thought that I would be so happy to see the end of NYC Fashion Week. It left me with a bit of corporal tunnel vision and I developed a system of uploading the pictures faster. Okay, enough whining. I must say I am appreciative of technology, about 15 years ago, I would have had to wait till the fashion magazines came out months later and they would only show case the editors picks as opposed to the whole collection. Now with a click of a mouse it's as thought I am there, but with really great seats.

I'm still wondering if I prefer being at the shows or seeing them online. I know that if I wanted to see all the shows I would have to have invitations and a lot of free time. I remember the couple times I went when I live in NYC, there was a lot of down time and I felt subconscious that I was dressed too casually. Now I can be in my pajamas and enjoy the show. I would like to see a couple shows in person though. If any designer wants to send an invite my way I would be appreciative. *wink* *wink*

Anywho, this is the first and last time I'll be viewing all the shows in NYC Fashion Week. Some of the shows didn't even end up being posted. Instead I will be posting pics for the following designers, because either I like their style or they are one of my favourite designers.

Wow, I thought this list would never end. As I said I chose this list based on the designers style, I also wanted to see what they would come out next.

Overall, I found the collections staying true to American Fashion in terms of wearability and function. Some collections were reflections of their designers. The trends were obvious, black was almost everywhere, also sheer. I guess because it was winter, fur was in a few collections. There was a fabric that had a print that looked like a close up of a photograph, that was in a few collections. Then the 3-D element on the surface of the fabric. Also graphic colour blocking was evident, both with solid colours and patterned fabric.

I was hoping to do a more in depth review but I have a life and I'm not getting paid for this. LOL. More pics to come.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe