Ted Thursday #9

7:31 PM

A couple weeks back, my sis and I joined a Fitness Challenge at the hospital. We are exercising and learning how to eat better. One of the first things I got a better handle on was how to read the nutrition labels which puts a lot of things into perspective and made me see I wasn't eating very well. Another thing that hit me was that we are such consumers, we have to have the next great invention, we have to experience the next great experience that is advertised to us. As a result we have to work harder and longer to acquire the goods and experiences we want. This drastically cuts into our time to cook proper meals. Just imagine, you are dog tired and you were working late again, the prospect of standing behind the stove just isn't how you want to spend the little time you have before you go to bed. So why not pick up a couple pieces of Kentucky, or a couple slices of Pizza? Well, time for me to get off my soap box.

About the talk
Sharing powerful stories from his anti-obesity project in Huntington, W. Va., TED Prize winner Jamie Oliver makes the case for an all-out assault on our ignorance of food.

The video

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe