Grandfather

6:21 PM

When I first saw this, my initial thought was this is grandfather. I could tell by the skinny legs. As I've mentioned before my grandfather on my father's side died about a month and a half ago. It was only after mentioning these pictures that I found out he was in the army around World War II. I had no clue, not saying he was the kind of grandfather that told his grand kids about all he has done in life. Heck, he had a second family after most of the kids in his first family were grown, so he was busy with his own kids.

In working on grandfather's eulogy, I discovered so much about him. He had lived a full life, and it makes me look at my own life and wonder what have I accomplished. With all the commotion that happened in putting him to rest, I realised that now is the time to make a positive change. You can say I'm a work in progress. One thing for sure is, I'm starting to love myself a bit more and that is a good thing.

Okay, I'm going to stop rambling.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe