Alexandre Plokhov Spring 2012

10:17 AM

From this collection, I see that Alexandre Plokhov is a strong menswear designer, but does that translate well to womens wear? Yes and no, some of the looks were decent, some were strong and a few were just off. For me his stronger womens wear pieces had elements of menswear in terms of details and if he continues along that line of design I can see great things. Then again, I'm biased towards menswear details.

The one look that didn't do anything for me was a drapey dress that although the cut was beautiful, the fabrication looked cheap. It could have been that type of fabric doesn't photograph well, the thing is in this day and age being photographed is inevitable and I would rather wear a fabric that photograph well than not photograph well.

Here are the looks I liked

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe