Ted Thursday #55

8:05 PM

My brother will love this talk, it's short so it won't take up his time and it's about living with less. There has been a movement call Minimalism that has taken root on the internet and although I understand it, I can't see myself adopting it wholeheartedly. Then again I can't adopt vegetarianism and atheism wholeheartedly. What I can adopt though is living in a small space. for some strange society associates grand homes as symbols of success, but for me it is about cleaning, securing, nesting. The bigger the space, the more I have to clean. The bigger the space, the more expensive things I have or people think I have and then I get broken into. The bigger the space, the more I want to stay in rather than go out exploring.

Don't get me wrong, I love space and interiors, but in an ideal world I want sufficient space, big enough for me to feel comfortable and happy when I'm in and small enough that I would feel inspired to leave on a regular basis. Just my thoughts.

About the Talk

Writer and designer Graham Hill asks: Can having less stuff, in less room, lead to more happiness? He makes the case for taking up less space, and lays out three rules for editing your life.
The Talk

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe