WTF!?!?!

4:06 PM

Okay, let me begin by saying that I'm not flat out naive in believing the imagery in ads and magazines are complete, 100% real but I must say I was blown away when I visited the site of Biana Carosio, a professional retoucher.

I came across her through Chill Out Point where they had the before and after pics of celebrities. Like these:






It has left me unsettled. Can we have real women? Can the public handle real women? How does it affect young people who are constantly bombarded with such imagery at such a young age? Especially when they don't know that these women have been retouched and/or altered to create an impossible to attain concept of beauty. *sigh*

This reminds me of an article I came across over the weekend on Reddit, When a woman puts herself down... this is relevant. It is a must read and the comments are interesting too. Definitely something worth thinking about. Also I posted this video some time back


Newest Miss Representation Trailer (2011 Sundance Film Festival Official Selection) from Miss Representation on Vimeo.

It had shown on OWN, unfortunately, I don't have cable so I missed it twice, but I'll be on the look out for it as I heard that it was really good. Okay, I'm rambling.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe