From Napkin Holder to Purse W/ Keyring - Tutorial

11:20 AM



The other day I came across this tutorial on how to make a napkin holder, and I liked it so much that I went home and made it using some fabric I had sitting around. I then got the idea to give it a loop and attach a key ring. I don’t know about you, but nothing is more frustrating than looking around you bag for something small. Having the key ring makes it easy to hook it on a zipper or something stationary on your bag.

After I made the napkin holder with the key ring, I thought it would make a great purse by simply sewing in a zipper. It was big enough to hold cash, ID’s and even keys. What I also like about it is I can slip it in my back pocket or slip my finger through the ring and run a quick errand.


I did run across some obstacles though, for instance, fabrication. It is better to use medium or heavy weight fabric. A light fabric is just too flimsy and even though I used interfacing, it still didn’t win me over.



Another obstacle was how do I get the zipper in? That is for me to know and you to find out *wink* No really, this is where you deviate from the original napkin holder tutorial. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough time to do a step by step tutorial, but I should have it done by next Sunday, so be on the look out.

As you can see, I got a little sew happy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe