Male Appreciation #19

3:45 PM

One of the things I’ve learned to appreciate about men is when they wear cologne. I’m guessing this is another throw back to my dad since he and his father have a thing for cologne. The thing is I won’t be able to tell you that I like one cologne over another; I just know when the scent is working with the individual. I don’t know what it is but it also creates a nice little atmosphere of yum yum. Bear with me here…..

Just imagine a good looking guy walking towards you and just when he gets close, you smell the most divine scent. It’s is not overpowering but you just want to get close and just exist in his personal space. LOL.

As great as the great smelling guy can be, there are drawbacks, for example:

Wearing a cologne that older men wear – Please note smell is the senses that is associated with memory. Why would any decent woman want to devious things with a man that smell like her dad or even worse, her grandfather.

Spraying all over excessively – I apologize for the TMI in advance. So one evening, while getting to know a guy on a deeper plane, I was kissing his chest and …… well let’s leave the rest for another day, and he tasted bitter. I didn’t say anything and I continued to pursue that line of thought but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended) and I would think twice about kissing a guy in that fashion.

Don’t wear the same cologne every day – I am not saying put on cologne everyday, keep that for special occasions. Keep it for special outings, just so that we know that you really want to put your best foot forward.

Less is more – Just put on enough that will peak a woman’s interest at a couple paces away and make her want to come closer. Imagine when you smell your favourite dish as soon as you come home and it pulls you to the kitchen, that is what your cologne is supposed to do.

I would say to a guy, either spend some time in a perfume store and try out scents that work for you, or just get a great smelling soap or aftershave. If anything get a girlfriend, a sister or a good female friend to guide you in the right direction. Oh, and remember, you are a man, so smell like one, I don't want to be smelling something I would wear on a man, not cute.

So for the great smelling men out there, I appreciate you.








This is a fake ad, but I'm such a fan of Stanley Tucci that I had to add it to the mix.

Now I'm not saying that women will be acting like the women in the Axe commercials or sniffing you like below, but we will take notice.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe