Meetup

3:25 PM

I'm going to be honest here.....

I have no close female friends on this island (gasp), yeah I have friends in the States, but then they can't be close sister friends because of the rather large body of water between us. I know, I know, why did I leave NYC. The thing is I am not alone, there are women out there who are in the same boat, a bunch of them in the States even. Check out this article that I found on the Smitten Blog on Glamour.com. To say there are tons of women out there wanting a friend or a couple of friends.

So from the above post, I came across meetup.com. I am so jealous, if I was living in one of those cities I would be having mad fun. According to it's about page:

Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 2,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities.

Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference.


And here is the clips associated with this:



I'm not saying that if I still lived in NYC, I would be going to these meetups, but if I moved back, I would so do it. I am so jealous, in the back of my head, I'm thinking of organizing one, but that is way in the back of my head.

Now for my sis, you can do this.... there are a few in Leeds, check out if there is any in London for when you go down and I'm sure Rhode Island has a few. Even if you don't do this for yourself, do it for me. I'm deprived child, deprived.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe