Ted Thursday #42

4:41 PM

A friend on FaceBook posted this on her wall and it was powerful and something I needed to hear. You see, over the last couple years I've allowed myself the label of poet, before I saw myself as a person who wrote poetry. Anyway, there are these moments when I would get a poem, it would start small and then it would just grow. The strange thing is it would feel like it was outside of me. Sometimes the piece would be so perfect, making me cry, making me feel complete and I have the strong urge to say thank you, be it to myself or something outside of me or the universe. After watching this clip, I have no problems adopting the concept that the "genius" is outside of me and when we create something profound I will celebrate it.

About the talk

"Eat, Pray, Love" Author Elizabeth Gilbert muses on the impossible things we expect from artists and geniuses -- and shares the radical idea that, instead of the rare person "being" a genius, all of us "have" a genius. It's a funny, personal and surprisingly moving talk.

The video

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe