Easy Virtue

10:56 PM


Funny, I wasn't planning to do a post today as I had pressure just below my eyes. Then I cooked cause I was hungry and I already put out the meat - Kung Pao Chicken on brown rice (yum).

Anywho, I ended up watching Easy Virtue online (shh, don't tell anyone). I must say I did enjoy it. I'm going to be honest, I'm not a big fan of English cinema (Gasp), but I have a soft spot for Colin Firth. According to IMDB, the plot is,

A young Englishman marries a glamorous American. When he brings her home to meet the parents, she arrives like a blast from the future - blowing their entrenched British stuffiness out the window.

So here is my thoughts on it, I liked it better than Watchmen. What more reason do you need to watch it? Okay seriously, to me, it was well executed, I liked the characters, the humour was not too dry and I liked that it didn't end in an expected manner. It was definitely true to reality. It speaks to the heart of marriage and family.

Funny how I had a discussion with some people at my 7-to-5 about this same thing. Kimmy (not me) was talking about a grown woman who got married and the husband moved in with her in her grandmother's house. Also living in said house was the grandmother and the woman's brother. There is no way in hell that would happen, it's either we have our own house or move into an apartment. I would never in a million years make whoopie in my grandmother's house, hell I couldn't do it in my parents house (it just didn't feel right).

Anyway, I'm drifting, the movie was good, I loved Jessica Biel's pants in the movie. I might consider revisiting the 20's era in terms of inspiration. Check out the trailer below.

Peace y'all.



Oh and for the record, I watch movies online because not all the movies come to the cinema here in Antigua and if it weren't for movies online I would have missed out on a lot of good movies.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe