Postcards To The World

2:45 PM


Via a fellow blogger, T and C Bakery, I came across Postcrossing.com. When I first read the concept, I signed up right away. You see when I was a kid, on the way home we would go to the nearby village to pick up our mail. I still remember the number, 23, in fact before I knew how to count I knew the box as the second to last one in the second row. Anywhoo, I always wanted to receive mail, I even signed up with an American pen pal service and had pen pals (one of which is a FaceBook friend).

I still like getting mail, although more times than not it's bills or things I ordered online. But here is a very cool idea, but wait, I didn't even tell you the concept of Postcrossing. This is the info according to their About page:
The goal of this project is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world, for free. Well, almost free! The main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive at least one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world.

Why? Because, like the author, there are lots of people who like to receive real mail.
The element of surprise of receiving postcards from different places in the world (many of which you probably have never heard of) can turn your mailbox into a box of surprises - and who wouldn't like that?

As I said I signed up right away and already have the first address to send my postcard to. My sis said it would be kind of mean to send a postcard of a sunny beach to people who are buried deep in snow, but at least it will give them something to aim for.

I'm rambling, anyway in the near future I'll have a new page with the postcards I receive. This should be fun.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe