Ted Thursday #32

4:22 PM

Let me begin by saying that I'm not usually brought to tears. It would take something so sad or so moving that actual tear drops would fall from my eyes. I normally say that my eyes are leaking. This clip made my eyes leak. It was simple fact that all these people were brought together from all over the world through technology and were capable of creating something so beautiful that it took you out of your environment and placed you in a plane created for the enjoyment of this one piece of music. This is so inspirational, so moving and I had to share. Oh and sorry about missing the last couple weeks with Ted Thursdays, but isn't this a great way to kick it off again?

About the clip

In a moving and madly viral video last year, composer Eric Whitacre led a virtual choir of singers from around the world. He talks through the creative challenges of making music powered by YouTube, and unveils the first 2 minutes of his new work, "Sleep," with a video choir of 2,052. The full piece premieres April 7 (yes, on YouTube!).

The video


Here are the two YouTube videos:



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe