I want to see this as I haven't read the book and I vaguely remember watching the cartoon version when I was young, so I'm looking forward to it.
OMG!!! I am so excited about this movie!!! I am a fan of Aliens and the Alien franchise. Before I hyperventilate from the excitement, may I add that it has some actors I love like Charlize Theron, Idris Elba. Need paper bag. Not to mention, I am waaaaay overdue for a deep space thriller. Why do I feel faint?
I guess I should mention The Dark Knight Rises, but I will be honest with you, I love Anne Hathaway as an actress, but I'm not feeling her as Catwoman who so happens to be my favourite comic book character eva. I could be wrong, look at Heath Ledger as the Joker, which made him my favourite movie villain eva. The thing is I'm quite lackluster when it comes to this installment of this Batman series. I will be honest, I was not crazy about the first one, the second one I loved because of the Joker (I have the DVD), but this last one..... it better be good. That's all I have to say. Here is a link to the trailer: Link.
One of my awesome Facebook friends, Ms. Andreen put together this playlist of trailers and some I have come across and some I haven't. To see the entire playlist, click here and below are my thoughts.
1. When I first saw this trailer, I wanted to see it even though I knew it would not come to Antigua. For one it is a story of struggle and perseverance and it appears to address so many layers from the frivolous (the fashion world) to the serious (female circumcision) to the endearing (finding one self). I'm definitely going to have to look for this on DVD to add to my collection.
2. Love it!! It reminds me of a movie back in the 80's, a coming of age story. I love that it reflects the human spirit and it is very inspirational. It also gives you a look into Africa so you see beyond the suffering and see the true nature of the people.
3. I love that this movie delves into something I haven't seen in films which is black homosexuality. I love the cinematography in this film and I don't know if it is because the main actress is unknown that I can see pass her and see the actress. For some strange reason she reminds me of Whoppie Goldberg, not for her physical presence, but her ability to convey emotion without words.
4. Okay, I think I have to move to the States and get NetFlicks and spend my weekends watching these movies. Talk about dynamic, plus this trailer makes me want to watch the movie. It is beautifully shot, the plot looks intriguing and I want to watch this.
5. The first thing that came to mind was: "Is this a recent film?" The feel is very 1970's, and I know they are speaking French, but even if they spoke English, the acting screamed French film. I will admit, I'm not a fan of French cinema, I am intrigued to see what happens in the end.
6. This one had me smiling like crazy. I want to watch this so much. We take education for granted but there are people out there that would do anything to be able to read and write. I am speechless. Somehow, I'm going to have to get NetFlicks or something so I can watch these movies and more that fly under the radar.
There are 18 trailers in this playlist and I will be covering the rest over the next two weeks. If there any movies you think I should watch, leave a comment, I lurve comments as much as I lurve movies.