FaceBook, I Hate You - The Intro

5:53 PM

  source

I thought I should share that I hate you, FaceBook. I hate how you bring out the best and worst in me and keep me coming back for more. You are like some hyper hybrid of cannabis, crack, cocaine with a hint of extasy and meth and a dash of heroine. Just a dash, mind you, that ish is lethal. I would think to myself,

"Hmm, let me take a couple minutes and see what's on FaceBook."
Thanks to FaceBook a couple minutes = 1 hour. One hour, that's one fricking hour out of my life that I can't get back. And did I use that hour wisely, frick no!! There are all those notifications to go through and it's only when you are half way through half of them that you notice that you could care less about them. Groups you joined whose notifications you never changed so you are following a conversation that you never even engaged in. But you know what, I'm too lazy to go across to their page and set the settings or unlike them because you never know I might be interested in them later.

Don't me even get started on having "friends" you don't talk to. When I say talk, I mean open your jaw and ask, hey how are you doing?. You know why you don't ask, because in your day to day life you really don't care. Now don't get me wrong some of my friends are "friends" but the main reason the others are there is because I don't want them to feel bad that I don't want them to be "friends". I'm sure most of them don't know that they are hidden and I can't see their news feeds.

Then there are those lovely people who friend me and we have no mutual friends. Who the frick are you and why are you sending me a friend request? Gosh, get a grip and friend people you know, maybe that person you pass every day on the way to work. You don't know me, I could be a perverted serial killer with a penchant for arson and have a collection of stuffed rats from around the world. Basically, if you don't know me don't send me a friend request.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know FaceBook is a great way to reunite with friends and family, keep them up to date and keep me up to date with the happenings of one's life. It is also a great marketing tool and a great way to share things that interest me - articles, YouTube videos, photographs, etc. And I have met some people from vague associations. I guess it is a matter of learning to utilize FaceBook in an efficient way so that it gives value to my life instead of getting a junkies fix that is sure to lead to a crash.

So where do I start?

You know what, this post is long as it is, I'm going to take a look at my FaceBook page/account and break it down over a couple posts. So stay tuned for FaceBook, I Hate You Part 1.

So tell me, do you have a love/hate relationship with FaceBook? What do you love and what do you hate? Share your thoughts below in the comments.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe