January is a Wrap

7:00 AM


Wow, month 1 of 2014 is over, before you know it, it will be Christmas again. So what was January like for me?

I Read
The River Knows by Amanda Quick. I got this from my mom, but I got into Amanda Quick from one of the books I won. This particular book had nice twists and turns, and I liked the characters although they were not deeply developed. It was set in the age of British Society and in the end I didn't hate it.

Rich Dad's Success Stories: Real Life Success Stories from Real Life People Who Followed the Rich Dad Lessons by Robert T. Kiyosaki. I actually re-read this book. I just needed some inspiration in believing I can generate and manage money. The only thing is it highlighted the economic bust for me as I could see many people applying the real estate philosophy at any cost. One thing that stood out is one person saying they had the interest rate type that got people into a lot of trouble. Still a book worth reading.

I Drank
Honeybadger Sweet Red  out of South Africa. I'm a sweet wine drinker, my sister is not, in fact she likes her wines red and dry. Unfortunately for her, and fortunately for me, she bought this wine and hated it. I got it and I must say a glass of wine at the end of the day helps to unwind and mellow out just in time for bed.

Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea Sampler. It's been nippy and a hot cup of tea is so divine. I even treated myself to a big cup so I can sip and savour. Each flavour has its purpose for me, like Sleepytime and Honey Vanilla Chamomile are great to relax with Peppermint and Lemon Zinger gives me a little pick me up. Yum yum tea.

I Watched 
The Legend of Hercules I was going to swear off of 3D, but I went with some friends to see this movie and...... I loved it, correction I lurved it. Sure it didn't stick to the mythology but the action was on point, the 3D was done successfully. We left the theater on a high, it made up for 47 Ronin. Money well spent.

Bleach Yes, I'm an anime fan and I've gotten back into watching this show. I kinda lost interest when the main character was acting a bit like a wuss but I'm back into it and lurving it again. I like it because it has the right blend of kick-ass, humour and heart. I'm behind so I don't really have to wait to see the next episode. Damn, it's almost like a soap opera.

Close Friends Can we say drama? It's the sort of webseries that gets you hooked and I end up screaming/squeeling at my laptop. There is one character that makes me think he has no self control, he sleeps with everyone or everyone's girlfriend. If you are looking for a webseries with more than one season, check this one out.

I Loved 
Gia. Gia was a big puppy that adopted my family. She was timid and reminded me of a docile lion. She had this thing where she would want to come to you but would resist. Unfortunately, she died a few days later and it was sad but I'm comforted in the knowledge that she was loved in the short time she was with us. The funny thing is another dog has adopted us, she's a bit on the energetic side. Watching her would tire you out and yes she is loved.

I Went To
A great art exhibit put on by local artist/fashion designer, Argent Roberts. This exhibit had three evenings showcasing Argent's work and the work of other artists. Loved it, loved it, loved it. It made me miss NYC and the art scene and it inspired me to return to the arts but more on the administrative side than the creation of art. The exhibit hopefully has ignited a spark of something great being formed on the art scene of Antigua and Barbuda. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So what is in store in February 2014?
Well, it is my birthday on the 13th, Happy Birthday to me. I'm starting a new series from next Friday, showcasing Caribbean Bloggers. Plus I want to have a lot of fun. 

What about you, what are you up to in February? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe