What If The World Was Round

7:00 AM


As we all know, there was a time when people thought the world was flat. The belief was if you sailed too far you would drop off the edge of the world. Thankfully, that was proved wrong, if not I wouldn't be born and I wouldn't be Eccentric in the Caribbean. But this got me to thinkin'

What are the beliefs we hold in the 21st century that can and may be disproved in a year, a decade, a century from now? Was it not 20 years ago that we had 9 planets? (you're still a planet to me, Pluto) Was it not 30 years ago that the internet was not even imaginable, much less FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram? Was it not 50 years ago that black people were considered second class citizens and interracial marriage was illegal? Was it not a century or more ago that space travel, air travel were inconceivable?

Just imagine that a lot of the things we have right now were created within the last century. And it doesn't end there, it can never end there. There is always someone out there working on taking humanity to the next level. Someone out there who will become the next Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, Richard Branson. I have one question,
Why can't that someone be you?

Why can't that someone be you? Let's see, if you are someone like me you have a few excuses queued up to deliver:

  • I'm not special
  • I don't know what to do
  • I don't have a degree in that field
  • I don't have the money
  • I'm too young
  • I'm too old
  • I have too many responsibilities
  • I don't have the time
  • I need to focus on my family
  • People like me don't do that
  • People won't take me seriously
and the list continues

The funny thing is we see these excuses as full stops, not as commas. Instead of saying these excuses, we should be questioning them.

  • I'm not special
  • Am I know special?
  • Who said I'm not special?
  • Are their point of views important to me?
  • How can I prove to myself that I am special?

I once heard if you ask empowering questions, you will get empowering answers.

Think about it this way, what if Columbus didn't try to get to the East Indies via a western route because he had excuses. What if Thomas Edison did not create the light bulb? What if the person who created the first computer did not create the prototype? Would we be taking advantage of the other things that were built on the inventions, ideas of those who refused to fall prey to their excuses?

Last word:
I know there is something deep down inside of you that wants to be created, to be let out, why keep it in? Why deny humanity of your great idea? If not you, who? You are special, prove it to yourself, then prove it to the world.

XOXO

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe