How Great Leaders Inspire Action

6:53 AM

A couple of years ago, my mom introduced me to TED (no, not an actual person) I thought it funny that it was her showing me something on the internet instead of me showing her. I must say it was one of the sites worth visiting with speeches by industry innovators that make sense.

Now, as time passes, I forget to check it out on the regular but my brother sent me an email about TED coming to St. Thomas, where he lives. In the email, he had links to some speeches, one of those speeches is below



I think it's important to watch these speeches because they are very inspiring. It's one thing to do something because you have to, but it's more powerful to do something because you believe in it and passionate about it. I'm going to have to sit down and figure out exactly what I believe in.

What this speech remind me of was when I was younger. I used to absorb magazines, not read but absorb, and if something caught my fancy I went for it. Perhaps I was a leader in that respect but there is a part of me that likes to go out and do stuff. Another time was when I went on a school trip and there was this blow hole and I would stand incredibly close to it. You would hear when it was about to blow so I would either stay and get a sprinkle or high tail it out of there in time if it was a big gush. Before I knew it others were standing next to me and then there was a big gush, well we got soaked. I was a bit upset that they followed me, I could control my actions, but what about a group, especially an unorganized group that was another story.

Let me put it this way, my core being is always in pursuit of a good time, to try something new and is an adrenaline junky. Over the years, I've developed fears which limited me from doing things. The fear of heights, the fear of being center of attention, the fear of worms but I'm going to be courageous and face my fears (with the exception of worms, I can live without the worms), so I will jump out of planes and meet people and continue doing poetry nights.

I'm going to stop now as I've gone on a tangent and don't even know where I'm going. LOL.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe