Pink Lemonade Popsicles

10:12 AM

It is blooming hot down here in Antigua. It's the kind of hot that makes you want to set up a hammock, put on a fan, read a good book and suck on a couple pink lemonade popsicles. This was a collaborative idea between me and my sis. She first said she would love some lemonade and I said lemonade popsicle and then pink lemonade popsicles. So immediately I looked up pink lemonade popsicles and I came up with this recipe from Stirring the Pot.



I like this recipe because I think it would be more flavour than water. I don't know about you but I would suck the hell out of popsicles and then I would be left with the icy popsicle with no flavour that I would labour to finish off. Anyway here is the recipe:

Ingredients
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
2 fresh or frozen strawberries, hulled (I used one super duper large strawberry)
pinch of salt
1-3/4 cups water

Instructions
In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, and the sugar. Pour in 1-3/4 cup water. Add the strawberries and salt and blend until the mixture is smooth and pink.
If using conventional ice pop molds, divide the mixture among the molds. Cover and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
Makes 9-11 Ice Pops


I can't wait to try these out, yum, yum!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe