Why Am I Single #6

3:19 PM

First things first,

Happy New Year!!!!

So far I've covered 5 reasons why I'm single and it has made me take a good look at myself. One of the things it had me think about is why I don't want to be single. I mean is it because I genuinely want to share my life with someone or is it me trying to appease society? I would see the pics of friends and relatives around my age getting married and having kids and yeah, it hits a nerve. It's the whole the grass is greener on the other side.

source
Aw, they are such a cute couple! I wish I had that.


source
Their baby is the cutest thing eva!!!
The bride looks so happy, when will it be my turn *pouts a little*

I'm sure other singles have versions of the above in their minds while browsing FaceBook. I think after a certain age, being single is viewed as a negative thing. If you managed to climb Mount Everest, it will pale in comparison to a younger cousin getting married and another having her first child.

Honestly people, I'm over it. One set of people say you have to actively look for someone, date a lot and get out there and another set is telling you to just stop looking and he will enter your life. Ugh! So, ladies and gentlemen, I say "Bah humbug!!"

I march into this new year with a mission, a mission inspired by this quote:
I must learn to love the fool in me — the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool.
Theodore I. Rubin, MD 
Hey, I can't make Mr. Right walk into my life and do and say all the right things, but I can learn to love the fool in me. I can learn to enjoy life with reckless abandon and stop trying to conform to all of society's rules and mandates. I want to laugh too loudly and dance with out restraints and when it's all said and done, I will know that I am happy. That every breath I take is not a wasted breath.

Yes, some version of Humphrey Bogart is my version of Mr. Right.



Ladies and gentlemen, I will not be looking for Mr. Right, I will become Ms. Right. Ms. Right for me, by my terms. The type of woman who is proud of herself and possesses a sense of confidence that negates any negative comments from others.
For too long, I've been trying to "do the right thing", the truth is there is no right thing. The world is full of shades of gray so it's impossible to say definitely that one course of action is right. It's going to take a lot of thought, introspection and practice, but with all great things you have to work at it. And work, I shall.

What say you? What are your plans for the new year? If you are single, what do you think of your status? and if you are in a relationship, how did you meet that special someone?

And remember....

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe