People I Admire

3:35 PM

The last couple Fridays, well I should really say over the last few Fridays, I've been posting people I admire, and so far it's been a great project. The only thing is that when I do something like this I forget the point of the project. With this particular project, which is part of my Awakening Project, allows me to identify people who I admire and really understand why I admire them and take something from their lives and incorporate it in my life.

Well that is what this post is all about, I will be stating clearly what I like about the individual and/or state the trait I would like to have in my character. So from the beginning:


Gina Vivinetto's Greatest Hits
Grace Jones - There are two things, maybe three. 1) She has a distinct style, 2) She doesn't give a damn what people think about her and 3) She does what ever she wants professionally - she models, she sings, she acts and has been successful.

Quote to remember

If you're out there, you're vulnerable. People prefer to disappear in life, to repress their personality. That's not living. It's dying. I see them all over the place, the walking dead.



comicvine.com

Bruce Lee - Once more, more than one thing - 1) His discipline, 2) His passion and drive for his art form and 3) His wisdom.
 
Quote to remember
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.


brittany anne XoXo    

Marilyn Monroe  - From Marilyn, I would say, dedication to my craft and going against the odd.

Quote to remember
"Well behaved women rarely make history."




Guardian
Muhammad Ali - His strong belief in himself, his discipline and his bravado.

Quote to remember
"I know where I am going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want"



 Georgia Southern
Will Smith -  His dedication, his belief in following through with whatever he does, believing in himself.

Quote to remember
"If you`re not willing to work hard, let someone else do it. I`d rather be with someone who does a horrible job, but gives 110% than with someone who does a good job and gives 60%."  




killerhiphop.com
Busta Rhymes - His staying power, that fact that he had honed his particular style of rapping and is still sought after in terms of collaborating with different artist, his playful/fun loving nature. People may not see him as an artist, but to me listening to him rap is like looking at a Van Gogh, you don't have to think twice about who did the piece of art.

Quote to remember (which was not in the original post)
You're gonna notice me when I come in. I'm gonna make a statement without opening my mouth, and when I leave, you're gonna remember that.

source
Catwoman -  She does whatever she wants, she is comfortable with her own sexuality and she has a conscience.

Quote to remember
A woman who knows her own mind is a powerful force.



source


Oprah Winfrey -  Her deep faith, her dedication to those who follow her, her professionalism, her strong belief in herself and yet still can be humble.

Quote to remember
Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself.


source

Audrey Hepburn - Simply put her style and her poise, she reminds me to be a lady.
Quote to remember
There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.


At the end of the day, it comes down to believing in oneself, doing what one loves even if you are not good at it, work at it until you are the best. Also know yourself, your body, your mind, your personality, and listen to you as opposed to everyone else. You are the only one who understands your needs. When you're comfortable in your skin, that is when you win.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me On Instagram

Subscribe